Downloading Twitch videos — including clips and lives — is pretty easy. Although the streaming service very popular with gamers has blocked the native feature, you can use websites and download the short clips saved by your favorite streamer to your computer easily and watch it whenever you want. Learn how to download videos from Twitch.
How to download videos from Twitch
Originally, Twitch allowed users to download clips saved by content producers, but since May 2018, the service has barred that practice, without ever explaining why. Most likely, because of complaints from streamers and, of course, to avoid piracy (and reposting the same clips on rival YouTube).
However, there are a number of online services that support Twitch code that can download clips but not videos. Sound confusing? Calm down, I’ll explain:
- On Twitch, a video is understood to be a complete stored (live) stream that can be up to hours in length;
- A clip may or may not be an excerpt from a broadcast, which cannot be longer than 60 seconds.
To record the entire live stream as a Live, you can choose to record your computer or smartphone screen with some free programs.
To differentiate, Twitch treats links to clips and videos differently. Therefore, websites and programs capable of downloading clips do not support downloading videos.
To download clips and videos, you can use online services and do not need to install anything on your computer. Sites like twitchclipdownloader.online (above) can download clips and videos easily.
How to Download Twitch Clips
- Access the Twitch website (twitch.tv) through your browser;
- Enter the channel page of the user whose clip you want to download;
- Click on Clips and then on the clip you want;
- Copy the link from the clip;
- Go to the website of the service you chose to download the clip;
- Paste the link of the clip you want to download in the corresponding field, and click on the Download button;
- The website will generate a valid download link.
- Right-click on the link, click Save link as and then click Save.
If you click directly on the video link, it can be played.
If this is the case:
- Wait until the end of the clip;
- Right-click on the clip, then Save Video As;
- Click Save.
If you do this before the clip ends, it’s possible that only part of it will be saved on your computer.